Ways to Serve
Whether it’s a one-time mission trip, a two-to-three year commitment, or a lifetime of service, our mission trips provide opportunities for individuals and families to become learners, guests and servants. As our teams fulfill these roles our ultimate goals is always to see lives changing, families growing and the Gospel reaching the next generation.
Silvanus House scheduled to open September 2013. The facility will house an Adult Literacy class and Study Hall. The Study Hall is library with a couple of computers online for research and typing assignments. The following volunteers are needed for 2013/2014.
On The Field:
Christian Youth Workers:
1. Persons to assist as Program Assistants. Responsibilities include: assisting students from grade 2 and above with homework and research assignments. Computer and internet knowledge a plus. Monday-Thursday, 10 am – 6 pm, during the academic year, September to July. Volunteer one day a week, several weeks, months, you decide.
2. Organize Summer Youth camp and/or a Bible Conference for the University students for June/July 2014.
3. Librarian: person will collect textbooks from the Methodist organizations and other resources in country and archive current inventory of books. Will bring appropriate software to install on our computers for tracking and cataloging books. Total time in country 3 weeks.
4. Literacy Trainer: person will assist in canvasing schools and area churches with Program Director to recruit trainers to be trained. Will also network with area literacy organizations for materials along with Program Director. Will train a minimum of 6 persons, maximum 20 persons over a 4 day period. Total time in country 3 weeks. We want to conduct at least 2 sessions a year. Flexible to your availability.
5. Agriculturalists: We want to develop self-sustaining farming projects. We will start with organic lemon grass for exporting. We need persons familiar with this crop. Total Time in country, your estimation.
1. Persons who know Quick Books Pro will receive weekly receipts via email. keep track of expenses, prepare budgets and forecasting.
2. Accountant: will facilitate annual financial records for submission to Board and other legal entities.
3. Publicity: will assist with online presence via Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, websites and Press Releases.
3. Grant-writing: will use all media resources, researching the web to write grants and project proposals.